Windscreen and canopy
The windcreen and shielding the passengers is generally less in a centre console boat compared to daycruisers and bowriders. You can still find large differences between the different centre console boats . Our best advice is to sit down in the drivers position and really test how it feels; the view the potential shield from wind, and comfort.
- Several centre console boats are delivered with sprayhood which is very handy when sudden rain appears or you are running into bad weather. Some centre consoles also have a full canopy, its a good idea to check this thoroughly.
- Sprayhoods are fairly easy to assemble, but its a good ídea to check this when you are evaluating several models.
- The sprayhood can easilly be the difference of a boat merely being used in nice weather and a boat that can be used regardless of weather.
Space in the bow
- Check how the sunbed is solved and how the assembly of this is. Is it according to your needs and how you would use it?
- How is the deck space used in the bow section, cockpit and aft cockpit? Is it easy to get from bow to stern easilly? And how are the storage compartments placed?
- How many compartments for storage does the boat have? Is it easy to use them?
- Is the boat equipped with a mini cabin or a cabin? If so, this is a perfect place to store luggage and makes it easier to keep the deck space clean and tidy for the entire trip.
- Storage of fenders: Many centre console boats have smart storage areas for fenders, which even allows you to have them ready at all times. Think about the practical use, especially if you maneuver the boat alone.
Electricuty and outlets
- Check if the boat has 12 outlets and where they are placed. You should try to think of how and where you charge your devices.
- Some centre console boats are delivered with double battery systems, which will give you a service battery for 12V outlets, fridge, lights, navigation and stereo. This is a beneficial feature when you are going out for a full day at sea, without the engine running and you will always have a fully charged start battery.