Windscreen and canopy
Centre console motorboats have less windscreen and passenger shielding compared to daycruisers and bowriders, but there are significant differences among them.
Place yourself in the driver's seat and try out how it feels like. Check the view, wind protection, and comfort. Different boat brands have different design solutions, so it's worth taking the time to check them out properly.
- Some centre console speedboats come with a sprayhood, which is useful when it starts raining suddenly or when the weather gets rough. Some centre consoles also have a full canopy, its a good idea to check this thoroughly.
- Sprayhoods are fairly easy to assemble, but its a good ídea to check this when you are evaluating several models.
- The sprayhood can make a motorboat usable in any weather, not just nice weather.
Space in the bow
- Locate the sunbed and see if it fits your requirements. Is it according to your needs and how you would use it?
- How is the deck space used in the bow section, cockpit and aft cockpit? Is it easy to get from bow to stern easilly? And how are the storage compartments placed?
- How many compartments for storage does the boat have? Is it easy to use them?
- Is the boat equipped with a mini cabin or a cabin? This is a great spot for storing bags. It helps to keep the deck neat and tidy throughout the entire journey.
- Storage of fenders: Many centre console motorboats have smart storage areas for fenders. Think about the practical use, especially if you maneuver the vessel alone.
Electricity and outlets
- Verify whether the motorboat has 12V outlets and determine their locations. Ask yourself the simple question: where do I need to charge my phones and does the motorboat at hand meet my requirements?
- Some motorboats have two batteries, one for extra power. This battery is primarilly for 12V outlets, fridge, lights, navigation and stereo. This feature is helpful for a day cruising at sea when the engine is not running. It guarantees that your start battery always remains fully charged.